Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy 38 weeks

The end is in sight....Doing well. All my whining and feeling like absolute crap ended last Friday night after I decided to play softball with all the girls. My thought with participating in such an activity was that as crappy and crampy as I was feeling perhaps I would go into labor with a bit more physical exertion....didn't happen. In fact, when I got done the pretty significant pain was much decreased as was my swelling. By the next morning, I could walk without feeling like I wanted to cry and I felt 100% better. Not sure what happened...must have jostled the baby around to a new position and she moved to a much more comfortable for me position. Anyway, feeling fine now...wondering if that is good or bad as far as going into labor. Here is my 38 1/7 week picture.

Went to the doc today. Had an ultrasound to estimate the size (which as you may know is not very accurate at this point). The estimated weight was 6 lb 14 oz today. So now I need to take that possibly inaccurate information and make a decision on whether I want to do my repeat c-section or see what happens. I am pleased the weight appears to be much smaller than my other kids were, but it still doesn't make the decision easy...lots to think about. Anyway, that is all for now. Have a lovely evening, I think I will go eat some ice cream =)

2 comments:

Starla said...

Glad you're feeling better! Good luck with that decision. I was too chicken to try the vbac.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your doctor is even giving you a choice. Mine said, "I hope you don't want a vbac". And, of course, my answer was, "No way." I believe in natural child birth. That is, via a low transverse incision. :) I have 2 words for you, urinary incontinence. Okay, 2 more, sphincter disruption.
Your Frytown Friend, the surgeon