Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The dentist

I am trying to catch up on my pictures....finished 2003 pics awhile back. Now working on 2004 and current ones. This is a picture of the girls November 2004 at daycare having a Thanksgiving feast. Don't know that I am too crazy about it, kind of dull colors....but oh well, it is done.

Emma went to the dentist today. She did so well. Did everything they wanted her to. I thought she would do well, but you never know with 2 year olds. She got a new toothbrush, toothpaste, and a superball so she was VERY happy. No cavities either....so a very happy trip.

An exercise update....I'm sure everyone is very interested (ha!), but if I tell someone the progress I am making it seems to keep me accountable. I am continuing to do surprisingly well. Didn't make it to the gym today, but still worked out when I got home (in the past this never would have happened). I did the treadmill for 30 minutes, intervals run one minute, walk the next, etc. I got up to 7:30 mile times, it felt like I was sprinting. Back in the "olden" days that would have been very slow for a 2 mile cross country race and I would have not been very happy with that pace. Now I run that pace for 1 minute and feel like I'm going to die. That's old age and laziness for you I guess. I thought women peaked athletically around my age, I've got a lot of work to do before I'm breaking any records. Well, at least 12 minute miles don't feel like sprinting anymore....that is progress I guess.

No comments: