Friday, September 02, 2005

My addictions

First of all, here is a picture of Emma taken in June of this year. She is so very cute in my humble opinion. I like her quite a bit. Now it is about time that I start working on Bella's
stuff for awhile.

So as my title so nicely points out, I am going to speak of my addictions tonight. It seems that I have quite a few in fact. All of them I can trace back to my mother. =).

So my mom is a great painter which means I grew up appreciating art supplies. They have always excited me. I remember loving new boxes of crayons (still do), paints, paper, whatever....love it. Now I have translated my love of art supplies into my scrapbook stash. I truly have a problem here. I love it ALL. I'm like a kid in a candy store. I love paper and I have tons of it, more than one could imagine. And I seem to be unable to control myself when I get the opportunity to buy more. Seems like a problem to me.

Problem #2....Magazines. This too is also from my mom who seems to have the same issue, however I seem to be a bit worse. I love all magazines (well maybe not all). Let's see....here is a list of those that I peruse from somewhere on a regular basis (defined as at least once every 2 months). Just to make this clear, I do not subscribe to all of these (so you won't think I'm a total nutball). Creating Keepsakes, Memory Makers, Simple Scrapbooks, Scrapbooks etc., Pediatrics, Contemporary Pediatrics, Consultant for Pediatricians (love all the cool pictures in this one!), Archives of Peds and Adolescent med, Annals of Peds, Sports Medicine, Better Homes and Gardens, Real Simple, Country Living, Country Home, Domino, Martha Stewart Living (yes I admit it Cecil--bring on the crap!), I'm also going to admit to Martha Stewart's Everyday food and Kids magazines, Cooking Light, Vegetarian Times, O (oprah mag--more crap coming I feel?). Women's Health, Fitness, Shape, Self. The occasional people magazine, glamour and sometimes random other fashion magazines. Gee that's embarrassing....no wonder I don't get anything constructive done around the house. That's all I can think of for now, there is probably more. My mom fuels the fire by handing me her old stuff like the woman's mags. Needless to say, I am in heaven in front of the very large magazine section at Barnes and Noble.

Associated with problem #2 and #1 even is my obsession with the mail. Kent always makes fun of me as he has never seen anyone like mail as much as I do. Love all of it (could do without the bills). All those catalogs that come to me are lovely, I like looking at about 90% of them. I like junk mail. I like all the "free" offers....can't tell you how many times I have signed up for the children's book of the month club, cookbook club, highlights for children specials bought my one book after the special, cancelled and then do it all over again (thinking about this....you do this too don't you mom?). When my mailbox is stuffed full, I am happy and when magazines or scrapbook supplies arrive in the mail I flying high! Yeah, I know I'm a bit odd.

It seems that all my problems relate to paper. Hmmmm.....maybe that's why I married a tree guy. Ease my guilt for participating in the murder of so many trees.

Well that is about all of the addictions I can tackle in one night. Those are my most obvious problems....but as I tell Kent, there are worse things I could be doing =).

On another note....I got comments! 4 in fact on yesterdays entry. All be it, only 3 were from actual people, the first one was from some dude wanting to sell me on the virtues of his website....I'm sure he/she loves my blog just as he said. But anyway the other 3 made my day. It's nice to know someone out there is reading. Keep them coming!

No comments: