Friday, March 17, 2006

2 pictures and a recipe

Just a quick one tonight. Here is a layout I did tonight showing Emma's birthday. Just a summary of our day together.



Bella brought this home tonight. I thought it was very cool. Love the sequins and the cutout pictures she glued on there. Another one I'm going to have to frame.


Don't know if anyone likes me putting these recipes on here, but here is a new one we tried tonight. Quick and easy and pretty good. I guess I'm on a turkey kick lately...guess it is healthy for you {if you are a meat eater that is =) }

Southwest Sausage and Rice
Cooking Light Magazine

1 (5 oz) package saffron rice mix (such as Mahatma)
2 (4 oz) links turkey Italian sausage
2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ cup (1 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
½ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp black pepper
Dash of salt
Minced fresh cilantro (optional)

1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
2. Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
3. Add corn and garlic to pan, and cook over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in rice, sausage, cheese, chili powder, cumin, pepper, and salt. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cilantro.

5 servings (1 cup each). 253 calories; 6.7g fat; 14.8g protein; 37g carb; 2.7g fiber; 37mg chol; 1.8mg iron; 795mg sodium; 105 mg calcium.

One more thing...I think I'm kicking butt in the NCAA tourney...too bad I didn't enter my picks somewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, I am beating Aaron in the tourney. He beat me last year for the first time in our marriage. But this year, he picked Iowa winning it all. Blind allegiance can get in the way.

shannon said...

love the birthday page!