Sunday, October 23, 2005

I've created a monster (a cute one though!)

I hope that this photo is not to obscene, but I thought it was very cute. I have created a potty training monster. I have been very lazy about potty training Emma, so today I thought I would try the pediatrician approved method of bribing your child into going on the toilet. It didn't work with Bella and I ended up doing the second pediatrician approved method (ha!-that's a whole other story) with her. But I thought Emma would really respond to my bribing her, or should I say a reward system, that sounds more politically correct. Anyway, I created a little goody bag which she immediately responded to after showing it to her. In fact this photo was taken on her 3rd potty trip in 5 minutes. She really likes that treat bag! She was getting a little upset here that she couldn't go. Anyway...we'll see if it works or not.

Yesterday was our last soccer game for which I am very thankful. I'm tired of it. Think Bella is too. Our last game was in Pella. It was freezing...that was the worst part. They lost (even though we don't keep score) about 27-1. Bella had the one goal. She has very brief periods of assertiveness and occasionally it pays off. For the trip to Pella, Emma took one of my paper trimmers with her and quietly cut a piece of paper into about a million strips. She loves to cut paper....whether by scissors or paper trimmer. On the way home, we stopped at a gas station and were waiting for Kent, when Emma started a little whining in the back seat..."mama, I need chocolate". It was kind of cute, a girl after my own heart.

I played with my new paper today, created one page. Not going to post it yet. I'm not sure what the rules are for stuff like that. Should find out soon. Now I only have about 300 more sheets to use =). {I think I cut into three}.

By the way, I've gotten a few more comments in the past few days from people other than my mother. Just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate it and keep it up! And for you other people who are too shy (you know who you are)...I don't believe you and expect you to start commenting very soon. Anyway, thanks for reading. Oh, I guess I should respond to a few of the comments.....No, I don't have 6 extra hours in the day to do all I do, I just don't have a life outside of work and home. No, I don't watch too much T.V. I find it a waste of my good time and have been making a conscious effort to limit it since we moved back to Iowa. Except I do LOVE David Letterman and will watch that if I happen to be in bed at that time (and occasionally Access Hollywood after Dave---gotta keep up on celebrity gossip). Also note, that most of these posts are made after 11pm. I don't sleep as much as I should....but I'm a night owl...it's against all my beliefs to go to bed early, unless of course I'm sick. Well have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fine, I'll post something, if it'll make you happy. I haven't tried too hard with the potty training of Ana either. I should probably start a treat bag too. we have a stash of smarties ready for her when she uses the potty and she likes that, but it doesn't seem to be motivation enough. And she knows that when she decides to poop in the potty that I have promised an immediate trip to Casey's next door to buy herself whatever her little heart desires (donut, candy, pop or all three!!!). I think I just need to stop being lazy about it and just set aside a week to put her in underwear and deal with the messes (but I don't want any messes on my new carpet!!!). Well, gotta go and do school with David.
Adios.