Here is the last layout I did for 3 Scrappy boys. I don't like it very much. Aren't I a good mommy letting my child chug Mt. Dew? Actually, I think she had just grabbed it out of my hands and never actually drank any. I have another 3 scrappy boys layout half finished on my desk....just need to work up some energy to finish it.
So I am happy to report that I have had 5000+ hits on this blog. It only took 10 months =). I'm sure mom was 2500 of those right?
The swingset is 99% finished. Forgot to take a picture of it. Will do that soon. The girls seem happy with it.
Am I the only adult that likes kids fruit snacks? I love fruit by the foot and I just indulged in some gushers...those with the fruity outside and the gooey syrupy inside. Ohhh...I also like those twistable things too. Anyway onto more adult like food. I am always trying new recipes, usually 1-3 per week. Here is one I tried this week. Thought it was pretty good. I even have a pretty picture of it too (not mine, although mine looked similar minus the pretty garnishes and pretty plate). As many of my recipes, this is from Cooking Light magazine. Without further ado...the recipe of the week.
Herbed Chicken Breasts with Tomatillo Salsa and Queso Fresco
Calories 364; Fat 10.7; Protein 47.1; carb 17.7; fiber 2; chol 162; iron 3; soeium 770; calc 169.
2 quarts water
1/2 pound tomatillos (about 10 small) husks and stems removed
1 garlic clove
1/2 to 1 serrano pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
3 (1 oz) slice white bread
4 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 T olive oil
1/2 cup (2 oz) crumbled queso fresco cheese
Cilantro springs (optional)
Lime wedges (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. To prepare salsa, bring water to a boil. Add tomatillos, garlic, and serrano chile; cook 7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Combine tomatillos, garlic, chile, chopped cilantro, onion, lime juice, and 1/4 tsp salt in a food processor or blender; pulse 4-5 times or until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
3. To prepare chicken, place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 1/2 cups. Arrange crumbs on a baking sheet; bake at 350 until lightly browned. Cool completely.
4. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rollin pin. Combine 1/2 tsp salt, cumin and red pepper; sprinkle evenly oever chicken.
5. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Place egg in a another shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg; dredge in breadcrumbs.
6. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicke; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Top chicken with slasa, and sprinkle with questo fresco cheese. Garnish with cilantro and lime if desired.
4 servings (1 chicken breast, 1/4 cup salsa, 2 T cheese)